Go Back   Game-Veteran - A PC Multiplayer Gaming Community > Game Veteran Community Forums > Website News / Updates
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar New Posts Experience

Share This Forum!  

Reply Post New Thread 

Old 14-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Monster Monster
Points: 67,119, Level: 100 Points: 67,119, Level: 100 Points: 67,119, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 40.7%
Activity: 40.7% Activity: 40.7% Activity: 40.7%

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 0
Downloads: 3
Uploads: 3
Wobbly is still learning basic gaming skills
Send a message via Steam to Wobbly

Okay, news reported disabled.

Last Achievements
Old 14-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Administrator
Points: 10,371, Level: 67 Points: 10,371, Level: 67 Points: 10,371, Level: 67
Level up: 81%, 79 Points needed
Level up: 81% Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Tournaments Joined: 1
Downloads: 9
Uploads: 7
Kestrel is still learning basic gaming skills

I Personally thought the reporter was a good idea in one sense - keeping the site active but do understand about it limiting what others can post (although they could comment on the post to lengthen the topic) - what i would suggest Steve is that if the posts dry up again re - enable it
Last Achievements
Old 14-07-2010, 08:26 PM
G-Vet Member
Points: 6,844, Level: 54 Points: 6,844, Level: 54 Points: 6,844, Level: 54
Level up: 47%, 106 Points needed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%

Tournaments Joined: 0
Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
speno is still learning basic gaming skills

I agree kes. I have enjoyed keeping up to date with whats comming out. Is that not one of the requests i made and so many agreed with. When building webby back up.

10 pence worth
Last Achievements
Old 14-07-2010, 08:48 PM
G-Vet Member
Points: 11,376, Level: 70 Points: 11,376, Level: 70 Points: 11,376, Level: 70
Level up: 32%, 274 Points needed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%

WiLF is still learning basic gaming skills

i'm affraid i'm a bit behind on the gaming side of things, the last game i bought was fifa 09, and before that COD 4, yes well behind.
by what ive heard TOCA 3 doesnt work on windows 7, thats a shame cos i liked that.
the last game i played with some of you was level R.
it seems most of you can keep up to date with the games and bloody good luck to you, but i just cant do it.
also on previous occasions people have all bought a game say how great it is, i go out and buy it then its played for a week and thats it ? i'm not in a position to carry on that way , and have learned not to do that anymore
i'm too old and slow now on the shooting games and end up doing my nut and coming out hehe!!
i have booted up steam on a few occasions and caught a few of you playing the other week, i dont mind cs now and then as i just treat that as a laugh now
also had some vent probs which hopefully ive sorted now??
i do pop on now and then but see many are in games and dont want to bother ya as i dont have the game myself.
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase
Old 14-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Monster Monster
Points: 67,119, Level: 100 Points: 67,119, Level: 100 Points: 67,119, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 40.7%
Activity: 40.7% Activity: 40.7% Activity: 40.7%

Tournaments Joined: 2
Downloads: 3
Uploads: 3
Wobbly is still learning basic gaming skills
Send a message via Steam to Wobbly

I've done that twice mate since I got back from Afghanistan mate. I got back to find Kestrel, Boo, and a few others playing Lord of the Rings so I bought the expansions and started playing. Within a week everyone stopped playing and moved over to World of Warcraft. I wasted a 3 month subscription (25 quid or so) and 20 quid in game expansions. I then went over to WOW, bought the original game, Burning crusade and Wrath of the Lich king and played happily for a month alongside the lads. I then took 2 weeks off to move house and the only ones I see playing it anymore are Stabby and Razor.

I've wasted hundreds of pounds buying games that people get "Bored" of very quickly. Another game which I bought after I got back from Afghanistan was BFBC2 but found out everyone else had become "Bored" with it over the 2 months I was away.

So it seems we have a community that gets bored very easily and moves onto the next game with the blink of an eye.

So how do we combat this? Do we have a game rotation which we add to our calendar and get everyone in to play it en-masse. This would break up the boredom and monotany that seems to set in after a few days of playing the same thing.

We could play

CS Source
DOD Source
CS CZ
rFactor
Need for Speed Shift - Wilf would love this game..........
TF2
FIFA Online
Left4Dead
Call of Duty 4
BF2
Flatout

And many many more.............

Last Achievements
Old 14-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Administrator
Points: 10,371, Level: 67 Points: 10,371, Level: 67 Points: 10,371, Level: 67
Level up: 81%, 79 Points needed
Level up: 81% Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Tournaments Joined: 1
Downloads: 9
Uploads: 7
Kestrel is still learning basic gaming skills

Regarding WoW Steve im still playing just waiting for a few people to come on to join in a group etc - I have a Lvl 66 , and Lvl 17 that I use mainly but not many are on.

If people give us an idea what they want to do it would help - rather than just post what games they have

I want to get back into racing and have a spare copy of rFactor if anyone wants it.

Dont mind playing Race 07 either - i just prefer playing games in a group and having a laugh - gets boring on your own.
Last Achievements
Old 14-07-2010, 11:22 PM
G-Vet Member
Points: 6,844, Level: 54 Points: 6,844, Level: 54 Points: 6,844, Level: 54
Level up: 47%, 106 Points needed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%

speno is still learning basic gaming skills

Since ive bought bfbc2 ive only played with gunny. Just befor it seemed everyone was playing. Wilf m8 Need for speed shift is very very good. bought mine of steam.

What about bfbc2 for a night then finish of with css.

Wilf have you still got the rfactor i bought you???? install it and give it a go.
Last Achievements

Last edited by speno; 14-07-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old 14-07-2010, 11:58 PM
Trusted Community Member
Points: 8,360, Level: 61 Points: 8,360, Level: 61 Points: 8,360, Level: 61
Level up: 70%, 90 Points needed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Activity: 33.3%
Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3%

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 2
terry is still learning basic gaming skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbly View Post
I've wasted hundreds of pounds buying games that people get "Bored" of very quickly. Another game which I bought after I got back from Afghanistan was BFBC2 but found out everyone else had become "Bored" with it over the 2 months I was away.
Not hundreds, but I rarely got anything on release as I always had nowt to spare for it. Now things are a bit better with cash I bought MW2 on release and enjoyed it for a while. It soon got old and it got shelved. I got Supreme Commander 2 as I liked the 1st ones, only to find out it's been very "consolised" and the epic 6 hour battles are no more. I got BFBC2 and really did enjoy the game. I wouldn't say I'm bored of any of them, it's just the next best biggest baddest shooter / racer is on it's way.

BFBC 2 was released in march, Medal of Honour is due in Nov (off the top of my head??), CoD Black Ops is due October and F1 2010 is due in Late Sept. I aim on buying all three but I doubt any of them will captivate me as much as when I used to run a DoD Source clan...

I don't think all that ^^^ is the community, it's the amount of games people have these days!!!
Old 15-07-2010, 01:13 AM
G-Vet Member

i agree with geoff, i like playing in a group and dont play anything on my own other than fifa 09 and is a lot of the reason i dont come on so much , i dont have the games your playing, unless there is someone doing nothing and just chatting ,no point on joining vent trying to talk to people who are playing a game and concertrating and just getting a " hi wilf" from them .

also agree with terry, too many games about these days, they seem to be coming out one after the other, after all gaming is a big market.

and yes speno, i still have r factor and had probs installing on my old pc, but haven't tried on my new one yet to be honest.

and just to add another reason for being away for a while , my mrs lost her dad at christmas and she just cant get over it, its been a fooking nightmare here, up her mums every night , she just aint coping and obviously i have to help her and be there for her, so your enthusiasm for gaming goes right out the window.
it would be quite heartless to say" ok love, he's dead, get over it ..... now for some gaming "
and believe me, i know a few who would
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Last edited by WiLF; 15-07-2010 at 01:17 AM.
Old 15-07-2010, 01:53 AM
G-Vet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speno View Post
Thanks M8. Just to add to this thread. I dont see any one using xfire other than myself wilf and terry. Mine is always on. If we could see each other playing on line we could join in. We or should i say how i used to do it.

Im on xfire

speno add me
good point, i know some people dont like it, dont know why?? i know some had a few probs with it when it first came out, but has been updated a lot since then and a lot of probs sorted out, it come in well handy since my vent wouldnt work, and i personally dont have a problem with it and never had while in a game?
it tells you who's on and what they are playing job done, even if you just used it for that.
i look on g-vet webby and see who's on vent and what channel they are in, but i know they are not going to be playing that game, and ive done the same myself, so you cant go by that to see what people are up to

if i see you all on xfire and i have the game your in there would be more chance of me joining you than just looking on vent and wondering what everyones up to.
yes sorry another essay but i like to get my point accross hehe!
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase