Go Back   Game-Veteran - A PC Multiplayer Gaming Community > Game Veteran Community Forums > Articles > PC > FPS
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar New Posts Experience

Share This Forum!  

FPS FPS reviews for PC

Reply Post New Article 

Article Tools Display Modes
Old
G-Vet Forum Member
Points: 3,232, Level: 35 Points: 3,232, Level: 35 Points: 3,232, Level: 35
Level up: 22%, 118 Points needed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Gooner is a noob of the finest order
Smile AvP - The new one!!!
by Gooner 21-09-2010

Hi guys,
As an ardent fan of the original alien vs predator and the following sequel I was drawn into buying the new one. I was a bit wary but have been rather pleasantly surprised.

I finally had time to play this recently on Station Guard and spent many an hour on the game. I chose the colonial marine campaign first as although I am an armourer I still relate more to humans...... My initial thoughts were of an immersive story line that is helped along by locating peoples audiologs. You have another marine who guides you over the radio and as it is a female she will nag you if you stray a bit. The aliens and predators are well portrayed and react as you would expect them to do.

The weaponry on offer is standard for all species but the movie sounds have been transposed onto the game so close your eyes and you are there in the film, also pretty quickly killed as the aim will be off!!!! It is really atmospheric and wandering around an abandoned colony with the movement tracker pinging away as the aliens get closer still manages to raise hairs on my neck and you also have the odd scare as a door or some plating get banged as you walk past. The colony buildings could be straight out of LV426 and if you like pole dancing wait till you get to the marines bar!!

I have also played the multiplayer online and that is also really good fun as you can choose your species and play as sneakily as you wish.

Overall an authentic and enjoyable game that has in my opinion only added to the series.

Just for info my rig is a Toshiba Satellite A500 11U.
Last Achievements

Last edited by Wobbly; 09-10-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Views 1905 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

Old 09-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Monster Monster

Wobbly is still learning basic gaming skills
Send a message via Steam to Wobbly

Thanks for the review mate
Last Achievements