Game-Veteran - A PC Multiplayer Gaming Community

Game-Veteran - A PC Multiplayer Gaming Community (http://www.game-veteran.co.uk/forums.php)
-   GOR LAN Events (http://www.game-veteran.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Thx for another crackin LAN (GOR 25) (http://www.game-veteran.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1196)

Scrumpy 24-06-2012 05:39 PM

Thx for another crackin LAN (GOR 25)

As the title says!!!

Thx to Steve for sorting the event and the food on saturday :),
Thx to Tel for sorting the servers,
Thx to Daz for my brekkie - it was much needed (did i pay btw?),
Thx to the lads for sorting the pizza's on Friday,

And a general thx to all that turned up!

scaley brat 24-06-2012 06:04 PM

Absolutely Jim, a fantastic spread by Steve, Di and Em. Damon's cake was fantastic.
It was greatly anticipated by us and for once Marcus and I managed to stay till the end for DW's photocall, admittedly it was probably because I massively overslept. I blame Steve's "Foo fighters" greatest hits show :D
It was a shame Daz couldn't be there for the whole weekend, but fortunately the spread laid on by our hosts ensured no-one starved and there was so much left over that even Dork couldn't clear the counter this morning.
As always it's great to get together with a load of god old friends and meet some new ones.
Marcus sulked all the way home because he missed you all before we even pulled out of the lane.
So thank you everyone, I can't believe you didn't get Homer Simpson :p
Thanks to Gooner for the Keyboard, he loves it. Next time you'll have to escape and come over and have a drink with us :)
Nice new machine Gunny :)

Special thanks to Bob for the "will he or won't he fall off that chair" competition Saturday night :p

Wobbly 24-06-2012 09:03 PM

Special shouts out for Terry, Pie, Dazzler and Kessa for sorting out the quiz and running the TF2 tournament (You remember how running a tournament at a GOR lan is like trying to herd cats?)

Thx to the girls Di and Emma for the buffet and birthday cake.

Thanks all.

Gunny 24-06-2012 10:03 PM

Great lan guys and as the others have said thanks to all those that helped out and stuff, now question is when is next one, so can book it with long haired General first lol.:p

Dorky 24-06-2012 11:32 PM

Great lan peeps and cheers for hosting the tournies (dam Arrit shouting out the answer making us lose the quiz!) but all in all good show up and good laugh looking forward to next one.

Creatz 25-06-2012 12:45 AM

Thanks for another great Lan, and thanks to Arrit for sabotaging his own team just as we planned it.
;)

Arcy 25-06-2012 01:09 AM

thanks to everyone for another top lan!

Arrit 25-06-2012 09:29 AM

As always thanks to everyone involved in getting the LAN up and running and sorting the tournies. I do think it was URUGUAY was a bit harsh to punish me on the WHOOP quiz, what with my tourettes FUCKERS.

terry 25-06-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scaley brat (Post 8197)
I can't believe you didn't get Homer Simpson :p

Well, fat bald bloke that eats... Could have been a long list of people!

The servers have been returned to their spot under the stairs, computer set-up, F1 and football watched then crashed out.

Cheers to Steve for making it happen, Dazzler for the brekkie Saturday, Di and Emma for the dinner Saturday, brekkie Sunday and a small lunch before dissapearing, Geoff for walking up and down coercing people into the right places for TF2 and the quiz, Percy for the networking kit and everyone for coming.

Cheers all!

Inmate183 25-06-2012 12:34 PM

Had an amzing time! 'I'm going rock!' xx