Game-Veteran - A PC Multiplayer Gaming Community

Game-Veteran - A PC Multiplayer Gaming Community (http://www.game-veteran.co.uk/forums.php)
-   FPS Forum (http://www.game-veteran.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   BF4 netcode patch (http://www.game-veteran.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3374)

normski7a 03-06-2014 08:16 PM

BF4 netcode patch

As the title suggest, Dice have updated the game to address the netcode.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...e-rolling-out/

PlasmaGsus 04-06-2014 08:23 PM

I hope this fixes my crash issues. There are some crash fixes on the changelist atleast.

normski7a 04-06-2014 08:35 PM

My game appears better now, although I'm not sure if it's the patch or my new fibre broadband!

PlasmaGsus 05-06-2014 05:27 AM

I'll use this topic to describe my crashes if any of you have ideas what's going on.

I don't know if any of you have had this but my game crashes on black screen, what seems to be random. Sometimes i can play for 10 minutes, sometimes for hours. Other times it doesn't crash at all. Windows action center or system logs don't have anything in them except "Windows has stopped working" which is obvious.

What i've done:
- reinstall game
- reinstall origin
- reinstall Visual Studio (as some possible fixes pointed)
- fiddle with gfx setting (quality, Mantle <-> DX etc.)
- RAM test (MemTest86)
- GPU drivers are a clean install
- I've tried some fixes where you have to give admin rights to Origin and BF folders and such.

Nothing is OC'd and GPU runs at low temperatures and not one of my other games crash. I just can't find any info googling what this could be and as said, Windows doesn't give any clues.

I'll try this new patch today but if you have any experience this and how it can be fixed, i'd appreciate it. And i hope this patch fixes it.

EDIT: System specs if this is helpful
i7 4770k
MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate board (latest BIOS)
8 Gb 2133 Mhz CL 10 RAM (running at 1600 Mhz)
R9 290X (Catalyst 14.4 drivers)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

normski7a 05-06-2014 05:45 AM

Nice rig mate, to be honest I haven't had any real issues with the game. Even when it first came out I wasn't getting any problems lime everyone else I was playing with at the time. Apparently this new patch fixes Mantle issues so fingers crossed.
My specs for what its worth
i7 920
12Gb 1066 Mhz RAM
2x GTX 570
Win7 Home Premium x64.

PlasmaGsus 05-06-2014 06:19 AM

Sadly this patch didn't fix my issue. I just played for 15 minutes and boom, black screen of death. The PC completely freezes and i need to do a shutdown. Reset doesn't get it going again.

I'm a bit frustrated as this doesn't seem to be a HW issue as all the other games run fine without any problems. I just CBA to reinstall Windows and all that, just to play this one game. (and it might not even fix it) But there are no clues whatsoever what is causing this. Windows, firewall, drivers, some other program interrupting, net issues?! I haven't found any logging programs that could tell more than the Windows Action Center one. And that's not helping in this..

Sigh. Back to DayZ.

habu606 05-06-2014 06:39 AM

Just had a look and seems your not the only one having this issue. One guy said he fixed it by turning off mantle and using dx11 I know you said you tried it but could be worth having another look.
Another idea is try beta drivers.
Or even use some historic drivers before mantle was introduced.

Few ideas for you. Oh do any of your other games support mantle?

PlasmaGsus 05-06-2014 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habu606 (Post 12941)
Just had a look and seems your not the only one having this issue. One guy said he fixed it by turning off mantle and using dx11 I know you said you tried it but could be worth having another look.
Another idea is try beta drivers.
Or even use some historic drivers before mantle was introduced.

Few ideas for you. Oh do any of your other games support mantle?

Cheers for the input. Yeah, i've tried DX11 and that's actually where i first got the issue as it is the default setting, so i changed it to Mantle. I don't have any other games that i know of that run Mantle.

What i've just read is that this seems to be an issue with R9 290 series cards. As i said before, the card doesn't overheat but one guy had fixed this setting the target GPU temperature to 80c in Catalyst Control Center, so i'm trying that next. I don't think my card runs that high at any point anyway but will see.

Sadly i don't have an option to buy another card atm, like 780 or so. And this card isn't faulty in itself but seems like 290 and BF don't mix too well.

If the cooling thing doesn't work, i'll start messing around with the drivers. Will try this later tonight. Now i'm heading for work. Yay!

PlasmaGsus 07-06-2014 06:49 AM

Latest beta drivers (14.6) seem to work so far. No crashes in few rounds i've been playing. So fingers crossed! I'm still a bit sceptical tho..

EDIT: As suspected, it crashed. Fuck it. I have other games.

normski7a 07-06-2014 08:57 AM

I should be on later, before the footy if you fancy a wee scrim?